From 19th June 2022, the highly anticipated Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) train service – Tebrau Shuttle between Johor Bahru and Singapore, Woodlands will resume since it was suspended temporarily on 24th March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ticket sales are expected to start from 13th June for its maiden trip on 19th June 2022, after a 2 years hiatus, with a total of 31 trips daily to bring the crowds between Woodlands, Singapore and Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Each trip can carry up to a maximum of 320 passengers with an average frequency of 30 minutes. The ride itself will only take up to 5 minutes to traverse between the causeway.
Ticket prices start from as low as RM5.00 for a trip from Johor Bahru to Singapore, and RM10.00 for a 2-way return ticket. For commuting in the opposite direction (i.e Singapore to Johor Bahru), the ticket will set you back SGD5.00 for a one way trip and SGD10.00 for a 2-way return ticket.
For those who are not aware, you can also book the KTMB ticket online one month in advance so it saves you the hassle of having to go and queue at the counter to purchase the tickets. I’ve compiled a step-by-step guide on the online ticketing process, and its a very easy and straightforward process.
We have also created an online video guide for KTM Tebrau Shuttle tickets reservation via mobile application. Visit my YouTube video description for the download link to KTMB mobile app.
We have also created another video of the online ticket reservation with KTMB website.
Subscribe and like my YouTube channel if you enjoy the videos.
How to buy KTM Tebrau Shuttle tickets online ?
Time needed: 10 minutes.
10 steps to get your KTM Tebrau Shuttle ticket online
- Go to KTMB website
- Select “Shuttle Tebrau” to bring you to the next step for online ticketing.
Select “Shuttle Tebrau” for online ticketing
- Step 3 – Select “Login/Sign up” to register a new account
- Fill in your personal particulars and sign up for an account
- Once you have registered an account and verified it in the email sent by KTMB, you are ready to move on to the actual ticket booking. Choose “Shuttle Tebrau” and select the dates you would like to travel and the number of passengers.
- If you are intending to book a one way ticket only, during selection of your departure date click on the button “I AM TRAVELLING ONE WAY“, otherwise you will be required to select the return date.
- Once you have entered the dates, you are ready to choose the desired timeslot. After you have selected your timing, click on “PROCEED TO PASSENGER DETAILS” for the next step.
- If you are buying the ticket for yourself, select the checkbox “I am travelling” and the system will auto fill up the details you have inserted during your account creation. Next, click on “PROCEED TO PAYMENT” and it will redirect you to the next page.
- The following payment methods are accepted for purchase of ticket: Touch ‘n’ Go, Boost, KTM e-wallet, credit cards and debits cards.
- Once you have completed the payment process, you will receive an email with the ticketing information. I would suggest to print it out for reference during boarding, although KTMB informed that boarding will be based on the passport id.
Tebrau Shuttle timetable for JB Sentral to Woodlands
Tebrau Shuttle timetable for Woodlands to JB Sentral
KTM Tebrau Shuttle boarding process (Johor Bahru to Singapore)
- Be at JB Sentral and at the gate at least 10 minutes before departure time.
- Scan your passport at the automated gantry.
- Proceed downstairs for immigration clearance and luggage check
- Remain in the waiting area until the train is ready for boarding.
- Once you have boarded the train, get ready for a 5 minute journey along the Causeway to Singapore
- Alight at Singapore immigration for clearance and luggage check.
- Exit the train terminal and proceed towards Singapore Immigration checkpoint terminal.
KTM Tebrau Shuttle boarding process (Singapore to Johor Bahru)
- Be at the gate at least 10 minutes before departure time.
- The KTM staff will scan your passport before entry into the train terminal
- Take a short walk within the train terminal to Singapore immigration counter.
- After you have cleared Singapore immigration, proceed towards Malaysia immigration (in the same building) for clearance and luggage check.
- Remain in the waiting area until the train is ready for boarding.
- Take a 5 minute train journey towards Malaysia along the Causeway.
- Alight the train at the Malaysia train terminal and exit to JB Sentral.
Frequently Asked Questions
Counter will stop selling tickets 20 minutes before departure time.
The passport will serve as a boarding pass, and passenger without passport will not be allowed to board the train. Passengers will have to pass through the Automatic Controller Gate by scanning the passport for verification.
The gate is open 30 minutes and closes 10 minutes before departure time.
The passport should have minimum 30 days of validity from the date of travel.
The train has a maximum seating capacity of 320.
No, it is not required. You may proceed to the boarding gate and KTMB staff will scan your passport.
Yes, and get up to 75% refund if you cancel more than 72 hours before your trip.
Get a 50% refund if you cancel within 72 hours before your trip.
There are other modes of transportation to take you across the causeway between Singapore and Johor Bahru too.
You may choose to travel in the below methods
1. Travel by bus from Singapore to Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2. Self-drive to Johor Bahru, Malaysia
3. Travel by private taxi from Singapore to Johor Bahru, Malaysia
If you would like to have affordability, convenience, comfort and stress-free travel all in a package, look no further. BOOKMYTAXI.MY acts as a window connecting passengers with taxi drivers in entire Malaysia. Passengers from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru, Kuantan and many other towns in Malaysia can book their rides on the website.
Allow us to convince you why booking a private taxi service with BOOKMYTAXI.MY to your destinations in Malaysia is a simple, convenient and hassle free process.
To book a private taxi service from Singapore to JB, the passengers have to select their pick-up and drop-off location in Singapore along with the location for disembarkation in JB (e.g., Singapore to JB Senai Airport or Singapore to JB City Centre Terminal). The final pricing will be displayed on screen. All you need to do is make your payment using credit card or cash.
Our private taxi services are available anytime of the day, 24×7. Affordable rates and customer oriented are our selling points, and the drivers are well experienced to provide a safe experience for the clients.
Book my taxi services online or message us to get a quote today !
Our most popular destinations !
Book my taxi from Singapore to Johor Bahru
Book my taxi from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia
Book my taxi from Singapore to Senai Airport
Book my taxi from Singapore to Desaru
Book my taxi from Singapore to Mersing
Book my taxi from Singapore to Melaka
Book my taxi from Singapore to Port Dickson
Book my taxi from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur